Happy Halloween!

This is halloween and my first blog post. Be patient with me while I figure out this blogging thing. I hope you all have a good halloween, don't forget your apple bobbing, pumpkin carving, scary costumes, trick or treats and scary films. If thats not your thing then hide indoors, block the gate so those pesky kids can't get to your door and snuggle up on the sofa to watch Michael Palin in Brazil. Well this blog is about my homemade projects (or should that be homemooed!) so here you go this is what ive made for halloween.


This is Harry my carved pumpkin. I had a little help from my boyfriend Dave and I accidently slashed Harry from the eyebrow to the mouth but I think that adds to his character. Not the greatest pumpkin I know but I had fun making Harry.

 This is a bat ive made out of felt and buttons. I drew the bat onto a bit of paper and cut it out to make a template. I then pinned this template to black felt and cut out the bat shape. I sewed on two orange buttons for eyes and sewed some cotton thread on between the ears so I can hang him up. Spooky!





This is a pumpkin that I have also made out of felt. I made a pumpkin
template and pinned it to a piece of orange and yellow felt then cut around the template. In the orange pumpkin shape I cut out the eyes, nose and mouth. I then applied the yellow pumpkin to the back of the orange pumpkin and secured them using a blanket stitch.




So this is the end of my first blog. I hope you did'nt fall asleep or go on youtube to watch gangnam style instead of reading my blog. Thanks for reading!

Em

Comments

Popular Posts