Crochet blankets.

Well here it is blog post number 2. Autumn is definitely here, the leaves are on the ground displaying many colours. Its getting colder so I decided to blog about my blankets. My crochet blanket follows me around when its cold, it goes from the sofa to the bed. I drag it around like Linus does in Peanuts (Im a big fan of Charlie Brown and Snoopy).

Granny square crochet blankets do take ages to make but it's worth it at the end. They are so soft and warm, I also like the retro look. Once I get in the rhythm of crocheting I don't need to look at the piece im making so often. So I usually crochet in front of the TV and it soon grows.

I used the colours red, purple and blue because they are my favourite colours. I also added a round of black around the edge to "frame" the blanket. This blanket is the size of a double bed.



I've started another blanket but I've run out of purple wool, so that project is on hold. Here's a picture of it. I like the colours, it is quite a girly blanket though.

These blankets look good thrown on a sofa or on a bed and of course keep you warm. I hope you now think granny squares are cool and not just for granny's knees.
Thanks for reading.
Em

Comments

Popular Posts